From February 17, 2017 10:30 until February 17, 2017 11:30
Save to calendar
Participants are asked to obey the following rules to ensure a safe and pleasant skating experience:
- Please use the assigned dressing rooms only to change into skates
- Do not proceed onto the ice until the ice resurfacer is off the ice and the gates are closed
- Children 10 years of age and under must wear a protective CSA approved helmet. The use of helmets for all skaters on the ice, is strongly recommended
- Children 8 years of age and under must be accompanied by a caretaker, 16 years of age or older on the ice
- Food and drink are not permitted on the ice
- Formal or organized coaching/instruction, or the use of pucks/balls is not permitted
- Skating in a manner that endangers or interferes with other skaters’ safety or pleasure is strictly prohibited
- The middle of the ice is reserved for children and less confident skaters
- CSA approved skating aids are discretionary, based on the number of patrons on the ice and they are only permitted on the ice in a designated area
- No carrying infants, strollers, baby buggies, or chairs are allowed anywhere on the ice at any time
- The use of headsets, cell phones, or hand-held electronic devices are not permitted
- Those displaying unsafe actions, on-ice games, backward skating, inappropriate behavior or foul language will be asked to leave the premises
Please respect our staff at all times. Nexsource Centre staff has the final authority on the condition and care of the facility. Time allocated for Public Skating sessions may be reduced in order to accommodate ice maintenance. When the buzzer sounds, listen to and follow staff instructions.
The ice surface maximum skating capacity is 100.
Please regularly check our Event Calendar at www.sylvanlake.ca/event-list for any cancelled or updated Public Skating scheduling.
If you have any questions with regards to any of the skating times listed please feel free to phone the Recreation & Culture offices at 403-887-2199.